Saturday, May 14, 2005

tough stuff

Seems we are letting it all hang out here so let me take this a step further. It isn't just the health hazard and the stink that turns me off about smoking. It's the principle. Adults from the west have been exposed to loads of information about the dangers of smoking. They know that they endanger their health and the health of those around them with every puff and yet they refuse to quit. It is as bloody difficult addiction to kick I realize but lots of people have kicked more difficult ones. The honest to god truth is that when I look at a smoker I see a person without enough love of life to inspire the discipline required to quit smoking. To me it is an immensely unattractive personality trait.

Tough stuff I realize but there it is. My own addictions and the addictions of others have caused enough damage in this short life already. If I was single I wouldn't dream of dating a smoker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home