Thursday, August 28, 2008

skull huggery

Before my dad died he went for a brain x-ray or some freaking thing and they said that he didn't have a brain but rather a large cancerous tumor where his brain should have been. There was just a thin widge of brain matter, about the thickness of a pencil, hugging his skull. That is what the doctor said, or at least I am fairly confident that that is what he meant when he said whatever it was he said when he meant that there was just a thin widge of brain matter. I doubt that he said "widge" given that I just made the word up. Anyway, he (my father) was acting a little odd during this time of course, slipping in and out of consciousness, making funny faces etc. but he was also charming as hell sometimes. During that time I was talking to a woman once and she said, "Hey, I was talking to your dad yesterday. He was funny as hell," and I said "Yeah, that certainly is funny, according to the doctor he's got no brain!" I don't know why exactly but this story fills me with hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home